|Member||Palmas del Espino SA|
|Date Filed||04 July 2017|
|Category||Oil Palm Growers|
Frente de Defensa de los Derechos y Intereses de los Pueblos del Alto y Bajo Aguaytia del Distrito de Nueva Requena – FREDEIALBA (The Defense Front of the Rights and Interests of the Peoples of the Upper and Lower Aguaytia in the District of Nueva Requena - FREDEIALBA) on behalf of the villages of the Bajo Aguaytia in Ucayali Region - Peru.
- The company and their group member developing the plantation without proper NPP process;
- Developing plantation without informing the local communities;
- The company has failed to comply with the national law on the forest conversion.
- Mistreatment of employees including arbitrary dismissal.
- New plantings established without EIA and HCV assessment.
24 August 2017 (CP meeting)
The company have reported this case to the constitutional court.
26 September 2017 (CP Meeting)
Constitutional Court decision still pending.
23 October 2017 (CP Meeting)
Secretariat to continue monitoring the case
21 November 2017 (CP Meeting)
Secretariat will be monitoring the court decision.
21 December 2017 (CP Meeting)
Secretariat to follow up with the Company.
24 January 2018 (CP Meeting)
Secretariat to continue monitoring the process.
21 February 2018
Secretariat to follow up with the Company for updates.
28 March 2018
To follow up with the LATAM director. Thereafter proceed with the meeting with the Company.
24 April 2018
To follow up with the LATAM Director in May.
We will get back to you as soon as possible.