How will your organisation promote the RSPO internally and to other stakeholders?
EUROCAO ALIMENTACION S.L. has already inform internally to all workwer, our intention to be a member of RSPO. In the moment we have the RSPO member number, we will inform all customers and all suppliers about our new condition.
Where relevant, what processes is the organisation establishing to engage with interested parties, for example to resolve conflict or to use sustainably produced palm oil?
Our intention is to stop using non-sustainable palm oil and derivatives by 2018.
The steps towards this intention will be:
- To be one of companies that moves towards sustainable palm oil and derivatives.
- To apply for the RSPO ordinary membership in 2013
- To start communications with our suppliers to inform them that our goal is to eliminate in a very high percentage non sustainable palm oil from our products by 2018
- Initially the most realistic option available is ?Mass balance?. We will develop all internal procedures with cooperation with customers and suppliers to be able to run following this system from 2nd Q 2015
- From 2nd Q 2015 onwards, price offers and contracts will include the cost of being free from non-sustainable palm oil and derivatives.
- In 2016, we expect that 33 % of our business with products based in palm oil or derivatives will use sustainable palm oil
- In 2017, we expect that 66 % of our business with products based in palm oil or derivatives will use sustainable palm oil
Where relevant, how will your organisation work towards implementing the RSPO Principles and Criteria or assessing supplier performance against these criteria?
In question 2 you can see that we will start communications with our suppliers to inform them that our goal is to eliminate in a very high percentage non sustainable palm oil from our products by 2018.
Any other information that would support the application such as what your organisation hopes to gain from joining RSPO and how it would support RSPO?
EUROCAO S.L. has its own Code of Conduct where one of the principles is to take care of the environment. This RSPO applycation and policy will complete this Code of Conduct. With time, workers, suppliers and customers will be concienced about environment. As Ordinary member, EUROCAO ALIMENTACION will insist to our suppliers to be RSPO members, and inform customers about the possibility of being members as well.