Communication Circular 4
Communication Circular 4, 2 July 2012
Dear RSPO member,
We are pleased to announce that in less than 3 weeks the improved traceability system for administrating the physical trade of Certified Sustainable Palm Oil (CSPO) will be launched!
1. GO-LIVE DATE
July 23rd is the GO-LIVE date of RSPO eTrace. From this date and onwards all physical CSPO transactions will have to be administered within the improved system.
2. TRANSACTION FREE PERIOD – UNABLE TO TRANSACT IN THE SYSTEM DURING THIS TIME - July 7 till July 23, 2012
Beginning July 7th - Before the Transaction Free Period kicks in:
- Please make sure that all outstanding transactions are confirmed by the buyer before July 7.
All transactions not confirmed before this date will be cancelled and also have to be recorded retrospectively in RSPO eTrace after it is launched.
During Transaction Free Period from July 7th to July 23rd:
- In only a couple of days, the transaction free period of 10 working days from July 7, 2012 until July 23, 2012 will start. This period is needed in order to ensure that your information from the current RSPO IT-system will be transferred in an accurate and timely manner into RSPO eTrace.
- During the transaction free period, members are not able to administrate any physical CSPO transaction in the current RSPO IT system, nor in the new RSPO eTrace system.
- This also means that no Traceability numbers are generated during this period.
- There is an announcement placed on www.rspo.org emphasizing that it will not be possible to record any transactions in the system during the transaction free period.
After Transaction Free Period from July 23rd:
- Your physical trading activities done in the transaction free period can only be administrated by you, retrospectively in RSPO eTrace after it is launched on the 23th of July.
3. KEY ‘MUST-KNOWS’ TO USE THE RSPO ETRACE!
- During the transaction free period, only the remaining volume per product will be transferred to RSPO eTrace.
- You can view your previous transactions in a “read-only mode” via a link in the improved RSPO eTrace,
1-year license to RSPO eTrace:
- Although PSC and SCCS certification is for 5 years, you are granted only a 1-year license to RSPO eTrace.
- Every year after a successful annual surveillance assessment, the license will be renewed with the updated surveillance results.
- As a member you cannot announce or confirm transactions in the system with an expired license.
- When a license expires all open (unconfirmed) transactions will be cancelled by the system for both the seller and buyer, regardless of when the new license(s) starts.
- Therefore, it is strongly recommended you pro-actively manage your annual surveillance assessment process.
Mass Balance Certified Supply Chain Actors:
- If you are a Mass Balance certified Supply Chain Actor with Segregated stock in the current RSPO IT system, you will find this stock accumulated with your Mass Balance Stock in RSPO eTrace.
- However, you hold the same rights for this segregated purchased volume as in the current system; you can still apply the 1:1 Segregation to Mass Balance conversion option.
- Via the read-only link to the current system, you will be able to see how much of your total Mass Balance stock is purchased as segregated.
- Please note that the member account(s) in which you are a guest user, will only appear in the dropdown menu (see image 1 below) after the primary user has logged in first and has approved the terms & conditions.
- The product naming in RSPO eTrace is updated, resembling more general used terms.
- You will find your derivative products migrated according the below convention.
|Current system||RSPO eTrace|
|Refined PO||Refined PO|
|Stearin Solid Fraction||Double frac Stearin|
|Stearin Liquid Fraction||Palm Mid Fraction - Olein|
|Olein Solid Fraction||Palm Mid Fraction - Stearin|
|Olein Liquid Fraction||Double frac Olein|
Read-only link current system:
- Once RSPO eTrace goes live, the current traceability system will be available only in a “read-only mode” that can be accessed via a link in RSPO eTrace.
4. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO AT FIRST LOGIN?
- You will receive your login details – username and password – in an email send to you as soon as the system goes live on July 23.
- Please check your spam filter as unknown senders might be rejected.
The first time you log in to RSPO eTrace, you need to:
- Approve the terms & conditions. These terms & conditions will automatically show up when you access the member area for the first time. Note that you will only have access to the member area after you approved the terms & conditions.
- The primary user needs to update the member’s contact details, and select the contact person for Admin fee invoices send out by UTZ
- The primary user needs to login first before a normal user or guest user can have access to the member account.
- Note that RSPO eTrace should reflect the actual volumes in your stock as good as possible. Shortly this will be included in the scope of the annual surveillance audit done by the certification body.
- Therefore please make sure that you will update your data directly after the launch of RSPO eTrace by using the Remove and Trace functionalities.
- For more information on these functionalities, please consult the online training material available to you on the 23rd of July.
5. WEBINAR REGISTRATION
Besides the online training material and in order to ensure you will feel comfortable in using RSPO eTrace, we will offer you virtual interactive training sessions the week before and after the GO-LIVE moment, in July and August.
How do you register for the webinars?
- Please, go to the registration page to register for the training session that you wish to attend.
- Once your registration is confirmed, we will send you a confirmation letter, with all details of the training event you registered for.
Who from your organization needs to attend the webinar?
- If you are involved in the administration of RSPO CSPO physical IP, SG and MB trades you are advised to follow the training.
- Please be informed that different sessions are organized for Mills and Trader/Refiner/End buyer of Palm Product sessions.
- Note that the capacity per session is only 15 persons, so full = full. Therefore make sure you register on time.
Note that the capacity per session is only 15 persons, so full = full. Therefore make sure you register on time.
- Note that RSPO eTrace is currently only supported by the browsers Internet Explorer versions 6 to 8 and Mozilla Firefox.
Online training material:
- In order to help you getting familiar with RSPO eTrace, we will provide online training material.
- This online training material consists of videos in which all the possible activities within the member area will be visualized and explained in a stepwise manner.
7. WHAT IS COMING UP?
Within only 3 weeks, the final communication will be distributed. This will announce that RSPO eTrace is live. You will then be able to go in the system and administrate your physical CSPO transactions, depending on the status of your certification process.
Spread the news!
We have worked very hard to deliver this enhancement and hope you will find it useful for your business purposes. We kindly ask you to distribute this information within your organization to those involved in the administration of RSPO CSPO physical IP, SG and MB trades.
If you have any questions on or about RSPO eTrace, please send your enquiries to: email@example.com