Develop, manage and execute projects related to smallholder’s development program and the RSPO Smallholders Support Fund (RSSF) that supports RSPO’s goal towards increase production of RSPO certified sustainable oil palm and in the implementation of the RSPO Smallholder Strategy.
Functional Tasks (including but not limited to):
I. Smallholders Development Program
- To manage and ensure implementation of RSPO smallholders’ development program, including planning, budgeting, reporting, monitoring and supervision of staff and external consultants.
- To manage and facilitate the function of Smallholders Working Group (SHWG).
- To facilitate the decision/policy making process on any issues related to smallholders within RSPO.
- To initiate and facilitate the development of the RSPO Smallholder Academy.
- To coordinate with relevant external stakeholders to deliver targets/ goals and to build ties with the various stakeholders involved and relevant to smallholders’ development program.
- To oversee and link RSPO with other stakeholders’ initiatives on smallholder development projects/programs.
- To set up linking and learning platform that promotes smallholders exchange of knowledge and information globally.
- To reach out and institutionalize communications on smallholders development program inside and outside the RSPO.
- To ensure development and maintenance of accessible data/information on RSPO certified smallholders.
- To report on smallholders development program progress and issues.
- To communicate with media, in consultation with Secretariat, on matters related to smallholders development.
- To support, participate and manage member events if and where relevant.
- To provide quick response to members’ inquiries on matters related to smallholders issues/matters
II. Fund Manager for the RSPO Smallholders Support Fund (RSSF)
- To manage and ensure implementation of RSSF, including planning, budgeting, reporting, monitoring and supervision of staff and external consultants.
- To develop and maintain the RSSF Governance Policy as key guidance of RSSF implementation.
- To develop RSSF system within RSPO. This shall include, but not limited to:
i. Develop and maintain RSSF protocol for fund application
ii. Develop and maintain RSSF protocol and criteria for fund approval
iii. Develop and maintain RSSF protocol for project monitoring and evaluation.
4. To process all RSSF application submitted to RSPO. This shall include, but not limited
i. To register application and notify applicant.
ii. To analyse, appraise and summarize project application for Panel’s decision
iii. To inform applicants on the result/decision of the Panel.
iv. To ensure submission of all relevant documents prior to contracting successful applicants.
v. To prepare contract for successful applicants.
5. To liaise and advise RSPO Finance Unit on Project Payment according to Project Payment Schedule.
6. To carry out project assessment as part of monitoring and evaluation process and to ensure projects are implemented in accordance to the Memorandum of Agreement between RSPO and the Project Implementer.
7. To develop communication strategy for RSSF.
8. To provide guidance and advices to potential RSSF applicants.
9. To manage and facilitate the function of RSSF Panel.
10. To act as the Secretary to the RSSF meeting and responsible in organising the meeting, preparing the meeting agenda, taking the minutes of meeting, and to communicate with the Panel members on any relevant matters related to RSSF.
11. To prepare bi-annual report on RSSF to the RSPO Board of Governors.
12. To prepare request for RSSF fund allocation for each financial year.
13. To keep and maintain relevant data on smallholders under RSSF.
To perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned by the Technical Director or the CEO
- Bachelor or Master Degree in any discipline.
- Strong background in the field of Sociology, Community Development, Supply Chain, Fund Management, Project Management and Stakeholders’ Engagement will be an advantage.
- 8 – 10 years of working experience.
- Well expose and comfortable to work at international arena.
- Able to work in various environment and with diverse types of stakeholders.
- Excellent in communication with stakeholders.
- Experience in partnership building and management (NGO, Government & Business)
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Deep understanding on RSPO smallholders certification process.
- Well understanding of smallholder farming and supply chains.
- Knowledge of smallholder developmental agenda i.e. on agronomic, environmental and social, livelihood etc.
- Experience of RSPO certification as applicable to smallholders.
- Experience in working with smallholders.
- Experience in stakeholders engagement.
- Experience in fund management.
- Good sense of problem solving and decision making.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with a highly lucrative remuneration package. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited send in their most updated CV giving comprehensive details of education with emphasis on related achievements to email@example.com