DISPUTE SETTLEMENT FACILITY MANAGER
Manage DSF Program
- To manage and ensure the efficient delivery of DSF Program and implementation of the DSF business plan/annual work plan including planning, budgeting, an monitoring and reporting
- To manage all external relations and supervision of staff and external consultations assigned to DSF Program
- To manage and maintain communication with the DSF Advisory Group and the Human Rights Working Group
Manage and coordinate DSF cases
- To manage, coordinate and monitor all dispute settlement processes and cases according to the RSPO DSF Protocol and operational guidelines, from pre-mediation assessment through to post-mediation monitoring of settlements
- To liaise and support Indonesian Complaints Coordinator on Indonesian complaint cases on a regular basis
- To develop a network of experts and mediators for engagement by disputant parties in DSF cases.
- To act as an intermediary between disputing parties and concerned stakeholders.
- To ensure disputed parties have equal access to RSPO procedures, and information.
- To update the Complaints Panel monthly on action taken and progress of DSF cases
Organize/facilitate other relevant events
- To organise and facilitate events relevant to DSF program
- To support, participate and manage member events if relevant and to build ties with the various stakeholders involved
Communicate progress of DSF program and cases
- To reach out and institutionalize communications on DSF inside and outside the RSPO.
- To manage communication with media in consultation with Secretariat (Communication Department)
- To provide quick response to members inquiries.
- To develop and maintain of an easily accessible knowledge base and contact data-base including Mediator database
Desired Skills and Experience
Degree/Master in relevant field (Sociology, Law, Development, Conflict/Dispute management or any relevant field.)
Minimum of 5-8 years working experience in relevant field
Experience in project management (planning, budgeting, evaluation etc…)
Experience in facilitating complex multi-stakeholder processes.
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia (Written and spoken)
Excellent in communicating complex issues
Understand and appreciate the general issues surrounding native customary rights, land right, human rights, environmental impacts etc.
Understand best practices in community/social engagement approaches such as FPIC etc.