COMPLAINTS COORDINATOR (INDONESIA)
LOCATION OF POSITION
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The successful candidate will be responsible for the administration of the complaints process with responsibility to promote the effective resolution of complaints within agreed timescales. A key part of the role, will be to manage the complaints process effectively, to ensure that complaints are appropriately recorded, co-ordinated, and that responses are quality checked and monitored in line with RSPO’s service standards.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Head of Impacts & RILO Director, the incumbent will be responsible to:
- To enlighten members on the steps required in proceeding with a complaint. This may require the production of appropriate general communications materials as well as direct involvement at the embryonic stage of a complaint.
- To assist in the efficient functioning of RSPO complaint mechanisms in both membership and certification systems.
- To provide support to all parties concerned through a transparent process for resolving problems and complaints.
- To encourage members as far as possible to resolve complaints themselves.
- To identify and communicate the obligations of the different parties towards resolving complaints.
- Secure independent and impartial information on each issue and the parties involved. The information (written, corroborated oral and images) may be obtained directly or through third parties.
- To ensure that all documentation and materials related to a complaint must be filed in both hard and soft copies at the Secretariat and kept confidential at all times. All information gathering must be transparent, legal and ethical.
- To work closely with the Grievance Manager, Dispute Settlement Facility (DSF) Manager and Biodiversity Manager in resolving complaints especially complaints escalated to DSF and HCV compensation procedures.
- To be cognizant of the objectives and operations of the RSPO and the RSPO Code of Conduct and Certification requirements.
- While the primary role of the Complaints Coordinator will be to support the Secretariat in solving problems and complaints internally within the RSPO, where external intervention (including the involvement of independent persons) is considered, the Complaints Coordinator is to advise the Secretariat on the relevant external experts.
- Prepare timely and accurate update on complaint cases for Complaints Panel and publish case update on the website.
- Be able to organize multi-stakeholders meetings
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
You should have at least a Bachelors Degree/Master in Law or Conflict/Dispute Management or it’s equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field.
TECNICAL & PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience in facilitating complex multi-stakeholder processes.
- Experience in project management (planning, budgeting, evaluation etc)
- Excellent in communicating complex issues.
- Familiar with legal issues and providing appropriate legal advice.
- Familiar with handling customer complaints and lawsuit.
- Ability to relate to both corporate and local community culture and management realities.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with a highly lucrative remuneration package. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited send in their most updated CV giving comprehensive details of education with emphasis on related achievements to email@example.com